- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to SCIPP International, 1964 Gallows Rd #330, Vienna, VA 22182.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to Virginia, United States.
- Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to SCIPP International, accessible from https://scippinternational.org/
- You mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Personal DataWhile using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact Information like Your email address, telephone number, postal address, and contact information of any referrals, references, or emergency contacts You provide.
- Professional and Work Eligibility Information: including Your resume or C.V., employment history, education history, certifications, professional license information, languages proficiencies, security clearance information, work authorization (for example, citizenship information and proof of government-issued identification), professional association memberships, volunteer activities, occupational health and safety information where required, client information where relevant (for example We may collect information from attorneys We place through our staffing and search business regarding clients the attorney has performed services for) and work-related skills, practice details and skills assessment information including personality characteristics/traits which You choose to provide on a voluntary basis.
- Career Planning Information: including Your career interests, desired compensation and benefits, desired work location and willingness to relocate, family information as it relates to Your career goals or plans, and hobbies and interests.
- Demographic Information: including Your race, gender, national origin, disability status, and veteran status, where We are required to or permitted to do so by law and in support of equal opportunity monitoring or affirmative action programs.
- Photos and Visual Images: including photos that You provide to Us or that You make publicly available on the internet (for example, LinkedIn or company/firm websites); Your image on video if You elect to do a video interview, and Your image from a security camera if You visit one of our locations.
- Device Information: including Your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, location information on a city-regional basis, and operating system and platform information when You are visiting our Site(s).
- Other Information You Provide: including any other Personal Information You may elect to provide to Us, including any paper materials You submit to Us.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
- Recruiting and Hiring for current and future job opportunities with Us or with Our customers, including determining Your eligibility and suitability for such opportunities.
- To provide and Maintain Our Services, including Our staffing and recruiting services as well as Our various consulting, advisory, transformation, and workforce management services
- Manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To Business Sales Development, for example, using Your contact information to call or email You as a talent candidate, customer, or prospect as part of providing Our Services.
- Marketing and Promotions, including sending You promotional communications such as newsletters, surveys, articles of interest, press releases, job fairs, or other event announcements and personalizing and delivering content about Our Services to You, including through advertisements on Our Site(s) and other websites.
- Research and Thought Leadership, including articles regarding customers and candidates, and white papers, podcasts, and other thought leadership regarding workforce, talent, and industry trends and analysis.
- Meeting Substantial Public Interest, such as equal opportunity monitoring and programs that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Aggregation and Anonymization, including the process of using Personal Information to create aggregated or anonymized data sets for the purpose of internal business analysis or thought leadership, with the end product of such data sets not being Personal Information since it is not identifiable to an individual.
- Security and Fraud Prevention to ensure the security of Our Site(s) and Services, to protect against fraud, and to comply with legal requirements.
- Compliance with Laws, Legal Action, and Professional Advice, including compliance with all laws and regulations and addressing legal action or taking professional advice, for example, from attorneys or tax professionals.
- Receiving Services, including receiving services from various vendors, suppliers, service providers, and contractors.
- Operating and Improving our Site(s), for example, We use Your device and the information You provide to establish and maintain an account for You on our Site(s) and to improve the navigation and usage of Our Site(s).
- Improving Our Services through business analytics, internal audits, troubleshooting, quality control, internal user acceptance testing, and use of machine learning to improve Our search and match capabilities in matching job seekers to suitable jobs efficiently and effectively.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving Our Service, products, services, marketing, and Your experience.
- Potential employers or potential customers – We may disclose Your contact information, professional and work eligibility information, career planning information, demographic information, and other information You ask us to disclose to a customer for the purpose of providing Our Services for opportunities We believe are of interest to You. Customers of SCIPP International will process such Personal Information in accordance with their own policies and procedures.
- Vendors, contractors, and other service providers – We use vendors, contractors, and other service providers to assist Us in providing Our Services, and it may be necessary for Us to provide access to some of the categories of Your Personal Information. These companies will have access to Your Personal Information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may only use that information for the purpose of providing the services and are obligated to protect the Personal Information.
- Business transfers – Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, SCIPP International decides to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize businesses. Such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers or the receipt of it from sellers. It is SCIPP International’s practice to seek and provide appropriate protection for Personal Information in these types of transactions.
- Compliance with laws – We may disclose Your Personal Information where We are legally required to do so in order to respond to or comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, court order, legal process, or government requests, including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also may disclose Your Personal Information when we choose to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures, and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Law enforcementUnder certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirementsThe Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.Your Privacy Rights We respect Your privacy rights related to the Personal Information We collect, use, and disclose about You, and We will comply with applicable data protection laws and regulations in the handling of Your Personal Information. The availability of these rights and the ways in which You can exercise them are set out below. California Consumer Rights For California residents, You are given rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CCPA”) to request that SCIPP International disclose the following about the Personal Information We collect, use, and disclose about You:
- The right to know what Personal Information We collected about You, including the:
- categories of Personal Information;
- categories of sources where We obtained Personal Information about You;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information (if applicable);
- the categories of third parties to whom We disclose Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information We collected about You.
- The right to delete Personal Information We collected from You, subject to certain exceptions (for example, We may refuse Your deletion request if We are permitted by law to keep the information);
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that We maintain about You;
- The right to opt out of the sale or sharing; and
- If We use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA, the right to limit Our use or disclosure.
- The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) provides Virginia residents with the right to: Confirm whether or not We are processing Your Personal Information and to access such Personal Information;
- Correct inaccuracies in Your Personal Information, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of the processing of Your Personal Information;
- Delete Your Personal Information You have provided or We have obtained about You;
- Obtain a copy of Your Personal Information;
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org